2013-07-22

My Progress And Link Building

I has been one busy week. From reading more of Pat Flynn's guides to creating posts, I guess I'm pretty satisfied with my progress.

Progress Report

I've already chosen my niche and primary keyword. Using Market Samurai (Trial), I've managed to find a keyword that targets an average 900 SEO Traffic (SEOT) per day and with 37,500 SEO Competition (SEOC). The first page in Google is only merchant websites and Amazon, so it should not be too difficult to rank if I have a beastly resource. With my primary keyword in hand, I've written 50 posts titles to see if I will be able to manage the posts. The good thing is the niche I have chosen is pretty close to a niche that I once had some success with, so I'm pretty stoked. My new website was set up on Sunday, 14th July 2013 and I published my first post. I must admit that wanting to make it perfect this time round I did spend a little too much time with the Theme but I'm really excited about the theme I used. It's called Discover and I think it goes well with my niche. So far I have published 6 posts, 1 per day. In terms of Backlinking, I've not done much. Just one Profile link at CrunchBase and feeding my RSS to Feedburner. To date, my domain plus 2 posts have been listed in Google but it has not been ranked yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Backlinking Strategy

I'm still studying the right backlinking strategy to use. Since being hunted and killed by two cute black and white creatures last year, I'm really worried about any Google backlash. For the initial stage, I plan to build Multi Layer Linking. This is where I have an Anchor Layer pointing to my Website and then an Indirect Layer pointing to my Anchor Layer. This is done to protect my website against spammy links. The Anchor Layer is made up of resources that I have full control over. This includes Top Article Directories, Top Blogs and Top Web 2.0 Properties. For this plan I am going to use EzineArticles and GoArticles as my Article Directories, Wordpress.com and Blogger as my Blogs and Squidoo and Hubpages as my Web 2.0 properties. I will need to create a short 500 word article relating to a post on my website, spin it, publish them in my Anchor Layer and point them to my website. The plan is to have only two keywords per article, one to the domain and one to the post. I'm not supposed to use the primary keyword more than 20% for backlinking. If at any time any Anchor Layer resource gets penalized by Google them all I have to do is copy the content from that resource into a new resource and delete off the penalized resource. The Indirect Layer will consist of resources that I have little control over. This includes Mass Article Submission and Mass Social Bookmarking. All these will point to individual posts within the Anchor Layer. This will take a little more writing and I better get to it. Till next time, Tim Kessler

No comments: