2013-07-26

Progress Report

With 12 posts in my website, I have embarked on my backlinking strategy. So far I have written 2 articles which I have distributed to my selected articles directories. About 80% have been published so far, the rest are either pending or declined. Struggling a little with Squidoo and Hubpages because they are so strict. Although I do spin my article to the best of my ability, their programming still detects the articles as duplicate content. They have really strict criteria.

One possible way that I am going to look at is to publish to Squidoo first and only when it is approved, then I will publish to the rest. We'll see how that goes with my next article. That would eat in to my schedule a little though, so I will have to see if it is worth it, or if I should just drop Squidoo.

Once each post has been published successfully, I would social bookmark each of them. Then once, completed, I would Ping the article.

So far, my efforts seem to have a little impact. After a week of virtually non-existance in Google, I do see my website getting ranked for some of the keywords. Here's a screenshot, with the keywords arranged according to importance:



I've seen the ranking do the Google Dance the past few days and am waiting for it to stop bouncing. It seemed to have stabilized a little today. Being on pages 7, 9 and 10 might not seem all that great but it's only been two weeks and I have only two anchor articles out so far, so I'm happy with the progress.

My plan is to keep posting an article a day until I reach 14 articles. Then I will slow down to an article every 2 days for the next 14 articles, followed by 2 articles a week for the rest of the articles. This should free up my time for other linking methods, to vary my links and make them more enticing to Google.

No comments: