2013-08-16

1st Month Income Report

Officially, it's been one month since I began my brand new website. I must admit that progress could have been faster but unfortunately my day job took a toll on my time with a number of outstation trips, so progress was slow.

So far I have only written 18 posts. According to my "beastly resource" plan, I should have written a post a day which would make it about 30 posts, so I'm way behind.

In terms of linking, I have only done proper linking for my first two posts only. Need to speed up max.

This is a chart of my ranking so far:


As you probably can tell, my web ranking had dropped drastically after making a good climb. I have concluded that it is due to having too many Amazon links. You see, what I did about a week or so ago was to create separate pages in my blog, with each page hosting about almost two dozen Amazon ads of various products. This was meant to be sort of like an online store within my blog. But it seems Google might be viewing this as spammy and I seem to have been penalized for this.

To counter this effect, I have installed the Robots Meta plugin in my Wordpress and I have made those pages nofollow and noindex. I will be monitoring my ranking in the next couple of days and hope that this solves the problem.

Even though it is still brand new with so little linking and posts, I seem to have made a little money. You may laugh at my current sales because I can't buy a pack of cigarettes with it but this just shows the potential of the site even though it is very new and I am very optimistic.  Here's the income amount:

SQUIDOO:  $1.59
ADSENSE:  $0.11
AMAZON:  $0.68

TOTAL:  $2.38

I will still be using Amazon for the moment until I've finished my beastly resource before finding for a newer merchant.

No comments: